If NCC is running Panorama 2017 should NCC make new rules to have a fair Panorama (festival) Carnival season by enforcing and making rules. For example is it right or fair for a player to play in multiple bands in all categories. Are they the Players competing against them selves. are the bands short on players. or is it to collect as many cheques as possible.  Look do not get me wrong I am just asking  a question here. NUFF SAID. BLESSINGS TO ALL.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The rules should be the same as last year. and going forward what needs to be change change it. but the season is on us. But i do agree with Dirk Nigel Harewood that a player should be able to play in each category if an arranger can arrange for 3 category.

• Really well said, Merrytones! Let's clean up the mess, that behaviour amounts to a whole lot of dirt. If we are embarking on a professional route with integrity, we need to provide circumstances that eradicate hustling.

• On another note...since the government want to save money and plan to cut player remmittence to $500.00 maybe the should consider cutting the size of all bands instead and leaving the $1,000.00 intact. Large from 100 to 80, Medium from 90 to 60, Small from 60 to 40, Single from 45 to 30 or something like that...

• One arranger-one band...One player-one band irrespective of category....If a player can play for more than one band as is teh case presently...then that player should submit their name for more then one cheque...not so?...Why put yuh tantie, uncle, nenen, neighbour dog etc instead of your real name....
    This is a COMPETITION people...plain and simple...and not just a music COMPETITION we are also competing for TIME...SPACE even...The time I spend in one panyard is robbing the time I should spend in the the other band that I say I am "representing". At present it's simply about the hustle...never the ethics...Can I write for two different newpapers?...Can I appear in ads for two different companies at the same time? Can I sell insurance for Guardian Life and Tatil too?...I represent Jabloteh and Police in the same season...If one of them drop meh or I choose to leave...No other way.
    I liken band hopping to a "horn"...A panman or woman who running around from band to band is essentially "horning" another band. I preparing for you, buy pan, give yuh passage, give yuh clothes to play in...and yuh still gone and play somewhere else?...Nah man...I done with you...

• MTTTB:
      Sound reasoning and incontrovertible logic to the bone!!
      Enjoyed your hilarious comment in a prior post – "Dey parang de wrong band". LOL!!
      • Dr. deLight: Where have you been? All this drama going on in the LAND OF PAN and you failed to bring us any reports or insights into THE HAPPENINGS.

And how do you like that PANORAMA ROAD MARCH: GOOD MORNING?

• That is the reality of the present situation Peter...three years ago that same fella was part of a rythm section mercenary team that played with us. One of them played in pair of rubber slippers on stage in the Semis...such is the contempt, just to get that $1,00000 cheque...Yuh ent see we shoulda give de parandero hot "bullpistle" for his troubles the other night?...

• Well said Merrytonestothebone, unfortunately many Pan players, arrangers and Pan lovers and even Pantinbago do not see it that way and ah wonder why.

• And as I said over the weekend...when we beating up on Diaz...beat him up for that too...not just teefin and Audi which you may well have to go to court to prove anyway...

Panmen know that they can't receive more than cheque to their name so when they play for more than one band is better that they play for free because allowing someone else to collect a cheque for you in that regard is defrauding the government...

Play for one band and call that "George"...

• merrytones, Crack Shot better be careful this year with all them bands playing the same tune, man could play Despers arrangement in Renegades.

This reply was deleted.