Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - With the preliminaries now completed, the 2019 defending champion in the small category, T&T Defence Force Steel Orchestra, has considerable ground to make up for a serious defence of its title, in the 2020 edition of the annual Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama. Out in front in a tie for first place going into the semi-finals are Fascinators Pan Symphony, Golden Hands and New East Side Dimension. Arrangers are Yohan Popwell, Vanessa Headley and Kersh Ramsey, respectively.

It’s been a unique year, definitely for the steelband communities in the home of Pan, Trinidad and Tobago. That experience? The recently-concluded Single Pan Band competition - two held in 2019, and now, the small steel orchestras. They, too have now competed in not one, but two, preliminary competitions in 2019. Running from December 9–17, they have been the first "conventional" steel orchestras up in Panorama 2020.

....In what might?? be another “first,” the bands performed their tunes of choice not only at regular Panorama pace, but also delivered a “slow” version.  Hmmm....

READ MORE

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did I smoke too much last night or did I drink too much -- or maybe ah just GET OLD MONDAY GONE!!!

Did I read that right? They PUT DUVONE down in 15TH?

What the hell going on here?

• Panyard judging is a very uneven exercise. If Duvone is not in the top three coming out of the semi-finals, then worry.

Look at where Liam Teague is.  That's whole lot of licks.

bugs

This reply was deleted.