Scotiabank invests $250,000 in steelbands

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - With profits at Scotiabank T&T staying healthy, the steelband movement can look forward to bank re-investing in their cultural efforts, its managing director Anya Schnoor said.

The Scotiabank Foundation recently distributed TT $250,000 in grants to 60 unsponsored steelbands in preparation for the National Panorama Competition and Carnival 2015.

Officials of Pan Trinbago joined the Scotiabank team at financial institution’s hospitality suite at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port-of-Spain, for the presentations to single pan bands, as well as conventional orchestras in different categories.

....Gisele del V Marfleet, chairman of the Foundation, underscored the commitment of the steelband community in pursuit of their craft. She said the idea of the engaged community was one the Foundation viewed as having a great deal of relevance and value in society.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I applaud Scotiabank for assisting the single pan bands in TNT,as a regular visitor to Caribana and observing their input there this is a very good start to hopefully a great involvement in TNT carnival.

• What can $4,000 dollars per steelband do in these days. Disappointing to say the least. I hope the steelbands dont have to blaze  Scotia Bank's name all over the place for the entire season for that pittance.

• Be grateful, they could have given $0 dollars.

• Wow
    • Jennifer Ire, however small, Scotiabank did something.

• Thanks Scotia. If you can do it for Caribana in Toronto why not in the Mother Country of pan? 

• I'm sure the steelbands will be grateful for whatever assistance they get, good job Scotiabank.

• Scotiabank only doing dat to get votes in the next election. Yes?

• What a joke.
    • I didn't get the joke, but bands got sumpthin'.

This reply was deleted.