Steelband Panorama Countdown 2015 Projection

A challenge to all the “Pan Pundits” out there, love that word, credit should be given to WST member Ama Belon.

If the past is an indicator to what the future holds, Panorama 2015 can become a history making event for some, others, more of the same and for the out of the box thinkers, a dark horse making a break on the lock, held by Phase 11 and All Stars to claim a victory. Questions to ponder, is the competition dying a slow death, lacking innovation or product development?

You are the judge; here are the results from the last decade.

Panorama Champions 2005 -2014
1. 2005 Phase 11 – Trini Gone Wild
2. 2006 Phase 11 – This One for “U” Bradley
3. 2007 Trinidad All Stars – Pan Lamentation
4. 2008 Phase 11 – Musical Vengeance
5. 2009 Silver Stars – First in Line
6. 2010 Silver Stars - Battle Zone
7. 2011 Trinidad All Stars – Its Showtime
8. 2012 Trinidad All Stars – Play Yourself
9. 2013 Phase 11 – More Love
10. 2014 Phase 11 – Jump High

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Semi - Finals Winners...
    1. Trinidad All Stars – Unquestionable
    2. Phase ll – Happiness
    3. Renegades – Jam Dem Hard
    4. Exodus – De Puna Band
    5. Fonclaire – Sweet 50
    6. Silver Stars – Edwin’s Legacy
    6. Tropical Angel Harps – Pan for Beethoven
    8. Invaders – This Melody Sweet
    9. Skiffle – Celebration
    10. Despers – Pan Hooray

• ODW, Thanks for putting up this Complications of the bands from the semi- 2015

• How about the late Edwin Pouchet's 'protege', Liam Teague? I think he's in a class by himself!! His arrangements are dynamic, top-notch and certainly deserving of a much higher level of notice that in the past. From what I've observed and listened to, I expect Silver Stars to be one of the top four in this year's competition...just saying!!

• odw, I would not say Panorama is dying but we might be looking at years of the same ole, same ole.

• Cecil,
        Yuh da man, judging by the responses and concern for your well-being; I salute you for being the driving force behind the activities on this forum.

Let me be clear, my question “is the competition dying a slow death” is more inspired by Bugs discussion on “stopping the disrespect for the art-form.”

If we are going to judge the survival of the competition, something has to be done to improve the overall attendance and support for the competition. Is the "Greens" the best option we have?

•  c darymple:

what's with Desperadoes 10th- placing? I am sure they are crying foul.

• BP Renegades is the best band this year. As to whether they would give it to him is abother story
  • This is Fonclaire's year. After all the years of hits and misses, Professor's got it right and the results will prove just that.

• SO Sorry to burst you all Bubble, neither  MASSY ALL STARS  nor PHASE  11  would be the WINNER of PANORAMA  2015.

• If History repeat its self the next 10 years results will be:

Panorama Champions 2015-2024

(1  2015 Trinidad All Stars-Unquestionable

(2  2016 Trinidad All Stars-  ????????

(3  2017 Phase 11-???????????????

(4  2018 Trinidad All Stars-?????????

(5  2019 Out ah D box Band-????????

(6  2020 Out ah D Box Band-????????

(7  2021 Phase 11-???????????????

(8  2022 Phase 11-???????????????

(9  2023 Trinidad All Stars-?????????

(10 2024 Trinidad All Stars-?????????