Thank you for the music - Panorama 2014 contestants

When Steel Talks extends congratulations and appreciation to all the musicians who have taken part in the Trinidad and Tobago 2014 National Panorama competition. Your efforts, sacrifices and awesome talent have not gone unappreciated and noticed by the whole world.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very much so. We cannot take it for granted 

• Panorama, should move from being a competition and just become a show...

I've yet to hear the panorama performance of Birdsong, but fact is, im pretty sure the music was amazing! 

Panorama has become to narrow minded in my opinion, its either you conform with the "rules" of Panorama or its "better luck next year" 

What is Panorama really..is panorama a competition to see how best you can please a panel of judges? or about music>>??

Andy Narell in my opinion does an excellent job at defying this, year after year....starting with 1999, his music was evolutionary...it changed panorama, it gave panorama a new side...although they came last, it was still an amazing change of pace for pan music...

2014, if your band doesnt look "amazing" and 100 people jumping up while playing and you dont have 10 chromatics..know you not going to win panorama... *foolishness* in my opinion 

• Yeah... wish I could hear the performances as recorded by UTT. 

• Thanks for all your music...its the best.

• I am of the view that the''BANDS'' who played  closer to the end may have been at  a ''disadvantage''  due to the NOISE'' emanating from   the' ''JOHNNY COME LATELY '' in the ''North Stand''..

• SINCERE CONGRATS TO ALL THE ''PANNIST  ''ESPECIALLY THE YOUTHS.THE STEEL

PAN HAS CROSSED  ALL ''CLASS .COLOR .CREED,RELIGION,GEOGRAPHICAL AREA,..NO ONE CAN DENY 'IT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE OUR''NATIONAL INSTRUMENT''

• My heart-felt THANKS goes to ALL THE MANY, MANY MUSICIANS involved, 

(pannists, rhythm sectionists, arrangers, tuners, & pan judges, too !), as well as the many, many

support persons, like truck drivers, pan-makers, and those who made the vehicles to carry the pan orchestras, costume makers, & vehicle decorators.  All was important & necessary work. 

Truly Panorama is a logistical and organizational tour de force,  Some get monetary reneumeration, but mostly, it is all done.."FOR THE LOVE OF PAN.    Without your dedication, there would be not panorama.

ALSO,  I want to thank all the FAMILY supporting and encouraging all these musicians & MANY OTHER SUPPORT persons, who worked throughout the long months of practice, and the grueling process of elimination...prelim, semis

and on to the finals.  That is not easy, at all !

I especially enjoyed the good commentary last night by the radio personnel..and am very grateful for those broadcasting the live audio.

WST...always thanks for the effort to create this forum for education and enjoyment of pan music.  There must be a special place in heaven for all you.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE BANDS, not just to the winners.

• Ian;

during Desperadoes performance, you could hear some kind of tassa drumming in the background. Any reason to think it hindered their performance?

• Ian,

I did not hear the tassa drumming or heard any members complained. All Stars topped the semis by depicting their tune of choice. Desperadoes has to put some "SPANK." The band to watch is Exodus.

"

This reply was deleted.