the 100 player limit

OK so we all know they redesigned each size band category this year. but can anyone come in and tell us WHY? - What was the reasoning behind the change? - And what, exactly, is supposed to be improved by it? i mean, there's plenty room on the stage, and most of the large conventional bands have more than 150 players easy- so why not let more a dem play? why restrict their joy, limit the sound, and dissappoint so many panmen and women? i understand a need for order and general ground-rules to keep evrything smooth and keep the flow moving logistically - but i don't see how changing the number of players does that. if is 100, 110, or 120, that's hardly any difference really. anyone know what logic was used in making this change, and what their point was?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pan Trinbago was probably hoping more members would join less popular large bands or migrate to the medium and small categories. They also figured that Phase II, Despers, All Stars, etc. will only get bigger and have an advantage over other big bands.
    • "probably hoping more members would join less popular large bands or migrate to the medium and small categories"

hmmm, well this seems the most plausible thing i've heard yet.
      but still. it just seems petty, and ridiculous. and a vibes killer.

i mean really now --- imagine some somebody come and take yuh sticks out ya hand.--? and u ON the STAGE?????

oh HAYUL naw
  • By the way - I hear tell, that it is Silver Stars who dropped the dime that Exodus was over the limit of one hundred? I know announcers were saying something about this, but I didn't catch all of it.

Does anybody know for sure what went down?
  • Agree with that one. Heard somebody called Eddie Hart on, on NCC, talking about how panorama was losing the spirit. He spoke about Guiness Cavaliers when the bands were huge.

I did some research, adn found that they had as much as two hundred people for panorama.

So who is really afraid of the numbers? That would be the small and medium bands, who all want to jump up in the fray of the "money" that comes their way in the form of "appearance fees" - once they enter.

A lot of these smaller and medium bands, know they have as much chance as a snowball in hell, in getting out of the preliminaries. But -the money is why they do it - at least the "Management" - of these types of bands. Not the players - mind you!! The players are generally not involved in the "bobol."

And somehow, it is working for pan trinbago - i bet they will call it 'diversity.'
This reply was deleted.