When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Trinidad All Stars - 2011 Large Band Conventional Category Champions

Congratulations to Trinidad All Stars - 2011 Large Band Conventional Category 

click for Panorama 2011 Results: Large Band category -http://www.panonthenet.com/tnt/2011/results/2011summaryresults.htm#...

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best steel band in the world, sweet sound, sweetness all around, makes my heart proud and this year its first sponsor, Neil Lau, died, he sponsored them as Catelli All Stars, he must be smiling down on us from above.

What, Char, you kidding, we! All Stars did not play better than Exodus etc??   What ear you was using, eh!  Man!

ALL STARS, ALL STARS... mega congrats on performance, presentation, interpretation etc.

I told you so before Panorama,judges decisions should not surprise anyone they have been doing s--h for years.

I really enjoyed the Panorama this year.There was enough baccanal and commess to keep it interesting, and to top it off the webcast was of the highest quality.

I experienced a few breaks in the stream, but I bellieve they were due to imperfections in the telecom area.

I was particularly happy to see that both of my bands did well.

My big band, Trinidad All Stars won it all!! (Take THAT, All Stars haters)

My small, hometown band Southern Marines Tied for third place.(Good job, Scobie, Malomo and the rest!)

I was also happy for Michelle Huggins-Watts. Her arrangement for Valley Harps was one of the most  daring and innovative ones heard in years, and deserved recognition.

She earned that first place (tie) inthe medium category.

All in all, an enjoyable evening of pan, and all the performers were winners.

Looking forward for the DVD, it promises to be a good one.

I share the sentiments that All Stars should not be in the top 3. I don't care where the judges place All Stars but not before Exodus and Phase II.  Trinis need to read Raf Robertson's article in the Guardian yesterday about Panorama, the music, the judging, and performance.  In my opinion these judges need to get educated so that they can at least understand what Phelam and Boogsie are doing and not limit the arrangers to their ignorance.  They will never fully get to understad what these two fellas can do but at least get closer.  I dont care about the competition I am just happy that I got to hear the arrangement of Boogsie and Phelam last night on the internet from my base here in the cold.
IN MY OPINION, YOU AND ALL THESE PAN GENIUSES THAT WANT TO CHANGE PANORAMA SHOULD LOBBY FOR A DIFFERENT  TYPE OF PAN COMPETITION. UNTILL BOOGSIE WIN A PANORAMA WITH A TRUE SEASONAL CALYPSO (calypsoes in current year) HE should ALWAYS BE BRINGING UP THE REAR. BETTER YET WITH YOUR EDUCATED KNOWLEDGE, WHY NOT TRY TO BECOME A JUDGE ?

What NONSENCE is this, you should keep your senceless, backward OPINION to yourself, it's because of Boogsie you have arrangers doing there own songs for pan, he have nothing to prove to no one, BETTER YET EMMA WHY DON'T YOU TRY DOING AH SONG FOR PAN?

IF YOUR NAME WASNT  SHARP I WOULD NOT REPLY TO YOU. BUT YOU SHOULD STICK- UP FOR YOUR FAMILY .I MIGHT NOT BE A GENIUS LIKE YOU or YOUR UNCLE BOOGSIE BUT THERE IS PLENTY OF US OUT HERE WITH BACKWARD OPINION  THAT LOVE PAN JUST LIKE YOU. and do have a say.WHY IF WE LISTEN TO you and others THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR BANDS to play any real true calypsonian calypso for PANORAMA .FROM THE INCEPTION  OF THIS OWN TUNE FOR PANORAMA BY RAY HOLMAN WHERE HAS THIS GOTTEN US ? WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE BAND IS PLAYING to follow along with the tune and understand. IN MY bachward opinion WHY THESE GENIUS ARRANGERS dont  SHOWCASE THERE TALENTED TUNES ALL DURING THE YEAR .see,,,,,,,how big your audiences will be !!!!!!
Raf Robertson is a sore loser. Eberybody is an expert in life especially when what they want does not happen
Clearly nothing was wrong with the judges capacity to hear and adjudicate during the medium band competition, so something happened. All Stars had a very good game plan. They played competently, if uninterestingly, then set off a huge, very loud pyrotechnics display that left the judges hearing impaired.
OK ppl...hear is how this thing goes.  You have Silver Stars winning 2 years in a row @ 1 million each year, then you have Phase II, with Boogsie causing commotion by writing a song against Mr.Diaz and his establishment, right ?   so yuh not going to give a band who won 2 million already, yuh not going to give a band who diss yuh all carnival, yuh not ready for a South band as yet.  so the next best thing is All Stars, dey ent win anything for a while, so dey was in line for the prize......Don't get me wrong, I really like the band and it was time to spread the $ around a lil bit, so Smoothe, tek it and go !!  ( how do you spell POLITICS ?
P-A-N-T-R-I-N-B-A-G-O. Politricks.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service