Tripolians in preparation for Panorama 2013

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Founded in 1971, St. James Tripolians Steel Orchestra is in serious rehearsals for the 2013 Panorama competition.

The band’s tune of choice is Say Say, composed by Winsford Devine and sung by the Baron. The selection is being arranged by young Darryl Reid who started his career with the band and has arranged Panorama tunes for the band from 2003 to 2010 making the finals on many occasions; he also assisted the then arranger on previous Panorama arrangements.

Tripolians celebrated its 41st year of existence in November 2012, and was in the Panorama finals on ten occasions over the past 17 years....Despite being in existence for four decades, St James Tripolians Steel Orchestra remains unsponsored.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There have been years at panorama when the same tune was played so many times that it became boring.

I much prefer to see diversity of tunes, even if it includes  hits from yesteryear.

And Patrick, remember, " good music doh spoil"

• Patrick, Pelham playing Gold again, what yuh have to say about that?

• Very poor, play some modern music. These old tunes should not be played. Boogsie, Ray Holman, Andy Narrel and Leon Smooth Edwards got new music each year, choose any of their compositions if you don't like the other pan songs. Young people in the band, not old people that  want to play and listen to 'say say'. Poor choice, very very poor. Thats why so many bands stay stagnant, and trinis get annoyed when they see foreigners playing the instrument, new music, and making some bucks at the side with it too. Bottom line play music for the generation of today.

• Your comment does not make much sense. Should old calypsoes be abandoned ? Are you satisfied when bands play classics of yore? Boogsie, Ray, Andy and Leon are not "PANORAMA"..Labor Day Jouvert pan competitions, there is a mix of old, new, pop, classics etc. Let the bands play their tune of choice in keeping with the rules of the rama.

This reply was deleted.