Updated Trinidad and Tobago Panorama 2018 Information

Pan Trinbago celebrates 55 Years of Steelband Panorama

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Bands in the Northern Region of Trinidad will kick off the 2018 National Panorama Single Pan Competition (qualifying round) on Thursday January 4, 2018 at the bands’ respective pan yards/communities.

Twenty-seven Single Pan Bands will perform their respective tune of choice before the adjudicators over a period of three days i.e. January 4, 5 and 6, commencing at 7:00 p.m. nightly.

Come Sunday January 7 and Monday January 8, twenty-two bands in the country’s Eastern Region will compete, while the thirteen bands in South/Central will have their moment of glory on January 9 and 10. Sister isle Tobago’s four bands will conclude the preliminary round on Thursday January 11.

Overall some sixty-six bands will face the panel of adjudicators for places in the finals.

At the end of the exercise, the bands that qualified for the finals will be revealed with the opening of the score sheets. This activity will take place at the Murchison Brown Auditorium, Port-of-Spain City Hall, Knox Street, Port-of-Spain, from 10:00 a.m.

On Sunday January 14, sixteen bands will vie for the title of National Panorama Single Pan Champion at the Arima Basketball Court, Arima. Competition begins at 4:00 p.m. Admission is TT $100.00.

2018 marks the 55th edition of Trinidad & Tobago’s Panorama competition, this time with the theme “Steel Crescendo and Explosion of Music and Revelry.”

Competition for the National Panorama Conventional Steel Orchestras – Small, Medium and Large - will take place from Monday January 15 to Tuesday January 23, 2018 inclusive.

The Semi-Final round for the Conventional bands reverts to two days, with Saturday January 27 carded for the thirty Small Steel Orchestras in Chaguanas, central Trinidad.

The following day, Sunday January 28, also for semi-finals - fourteen Medium and fourteen Large steel orchestras will take centre stage at the Big Yard, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain, from 1:00 p.m. Ticket prices range from TT $200.00 (Grand Stand), TT $350.00 (North Stand) and TT $250.00 (Greens). 

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Is There any chance we can see it here in Canada on the Internet, anyone have any Link to offer

• 66 bands start....one week later 50 bands cut,..No semifinals..; ..have a final with 16 finalists 4 days later....what Single Pan bands really comfort here is boi?......really 

• Can some one tell me where in CHAGUANAS will this event will be held?

Small Steel Orchestras Saturday January 27th? and what time, and the fee?

THANKS FAROUK please.

This reply was deleted.