CNMG and Advanced Dyanamic Don't Mess Up Panorama 2011

CTNT you screwed up the internet stream of the 2010 panorama and Advanced Dyanamic said it was your technical deficiencies shortchanged the 2010 panorama DVD. 

You both came across as rank amateurs. Do the pan community a favor.  Fire yourselves now if you can't handle the job.

Please pity, pity, pity, please...

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/top ics/panorama-2010-dvd-finals?commentId=2 534462%3AComment%3A48155

bugs

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry but I have to disagree. After having checked out the situation in person, and having worked with both entities again in person, I cannot fault Advance Dynamics for the production. Left entirely up to them, you would be getting the same quality that the 'Inside Carnival' series has, mastered in high definition video and 5.1 dolby digital audio. Please do not bash Advance Dynamics. They are the only thing right now between capturing history and the wanton waste that occured for most of the history of the competition
    • DJ you know diddly squat about filming and sound reproduction.

I have been saying that Advance Dynamics are crap for years.

I have seen there camera men at work (or should I say at the venue) and they haven't got a clue.

They are all about money, spend the least and charge the most. They have no interest in quality.

Inside Carnival, Dimarche Gras and Panorama, the quality sucks. I still think they may be good at their jobs but they have no respect for carnival or pan.

I say put it in the hands of a professional foreign team or people who respect the culture.

Randisc

• DJ are you JOKING?

i was there, AND bought the CD and DVD --  both were crap. To this day when i hear it, it pisses me off AFRESH that several tunes are cut off BEFORE the last notes.  and yes, one of the CD's has decent quality sound - but the other one sounds like it was recorded inside a closet - the sound is so poor and murky yuh can't hear half the pans.  How could ANY decent production team call a product "finished' when half of it doesn't even match the other half?  The DVD has band names AND tune names spelled wrong, or left out altogether -  it's ridiculous and amateurish.

telling the truth is not bashing.  It is merely telling the truth.....

The emperor has no clothes.

I just wish there was some way that Basement Recording could do the CD's.... then they would be excellent.

• Catt....Advance Dynamics has nothing to do with the CD. Check the liner notes. It was produced by WACK FM out of San Fernando. I returned mine to Pan Trinbago directly and got a full refund, no questions asked.

Bugs...sorry, just telling it as I saw it after first hand investigation as well as getting to know some of the people involved in person. Everyone has to have their informed opinion and I respect that.

Happy New Year to both of you and all the best

• DJ my good man we must first embrace some irrevocable thruths before we can move forward. 

1. Trinidad All Stars is a great band

2. There are three colors in the Trinidad and Tobago flag

3. The Advance Dynamics Panorama DVD stunk

• Please,

Wack FM's production of the 2010 CD was just a mere step above the horrible mess that Advance Dynamics churned out for years for pan recordings.  WackFM  produced a stereo CD -that was about it.  That was the only improvement above the catastrophe that is Advance Dynamics' audio in previous years of the Trinidad Panorama.  Nothing much was different. 

Advance Dynamics may be good at everything else they produce and award-winning in other scenarios, but like most technical people in Trinidad, they dont have a clue - or frankly give a damn - about recording Pan properly, especially from the all-crucial audio perspective. 

Expect more of the same this year. Horrible Pan CD from whoever does the CD, and not much more visually if Advance Dynamics does the DVD -  but definitely more pointless discussion, and rambling on this board after the fact, and return to the same shit for 2012.

• OK fair enough DJ - i don't have it in front of me; you are correct, i didn't look before posting. my bad. 

but regardless - the DVD was just as awful....

and it's not the money that concerns me anyway - it's the recording and preservation of the music.

• DJ,

Did Advance Dynamics roll out of bed the day before panorama and find out that they were going to be the company recording panorama?

Nope!  They knew well in advance. They didn't care. They were quite willing to drop that inferior product they originally produced on pan people. In fact it was promoted as the greatest thing since slice bread.  It was not until the WST members took them to task that they came clean.

No disrespect DJ, I understand what you are saying about waste, but companies like Advance Dynamics have one mindset for their regular projects and another for pan.

Every aspect of that DVD was poor (from the sound, lighting, camera angles, junk on stage, bad sync etc.)...  No self respecting videographer would have been associated with that product.

The sad thing is that there are so many excellent videos of panorama produced by TTT in the past.  They cared about their craft.  Why should a video from 1984 ( https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/video/renegades-steel-orchestra-3 ) shot live and edited on the fly look better and sound better than a 2010 studio production?

DJ you know there are no do-overs for pan men on panorama night.  Tell Advance Dynamics to practice - get their act togather - or stay home! Pan deserves the best effort every time. No begging, no execuse.

bugs

• Skip the technological jargon...the problem is MONEY.
This reply was deleted.