When Steel Talks extends congratulations to Vanessa Headley on being named the 2020 Panorama arranger for La Brea Nightingales Steel Orchestra - large band category. In addition, Vanessa will be the arranger for Trinidad Valley Harps Steel Orchestra medium band category and Golden Hands small band category.

Very few women have arranged for large steel orchestras in the Trinidad and Tobago National Panorama. In 1972 Merle Albino-de Coteau arranged for Chase Manhattan Savoy and Geraldine Connor arranged for Invaders Steel Orchestra 1983. Shenelle Abraham arranged for Skiffle in 2012,  Mia Gormandy-Benjamin arranged for birdsong Steel Orchestra in 2017 and Jeannine Remy, for Hatters Steel Orchestra starting in 2005.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• WST!!! You did not mention Shenelle Abraham who arrange Play Yourself for Junior Sammy Group Skiffle Bunch in 2012.

• Thanks Earl.

We missed that.  It has been added.

• Congrats Vanessa

bugs  

• CONGRATULATIONS MISS VANESSA HEADLEY ON YOUR BECOMING THE FIRST FEMALE THAT IS SCHEDULED TO ARRANGE IN ALL 3 CONVENTIONAL CATEGORIES. I think the first female to arrange for panorama was Mrs. Majoire Wooding. Mrs. Merle Albino-De Coteau arranged for Savoys in 1973.

I tried correcting WST about something, but their reply was, "I HAVE MY INFOMATION AND THEY HAVE THEIRS." I WAS VERY SUPPRISED OF THAT LANGUAGE. However, one love still lol.

• Ian 

What exactly was it you were trying to correct WST on?  I saw on facebook where Lyndon Spencer told you the same thing.  LOL  

bugs

• Congrats Vanessa Headley, I wish you much success for all the bands you are arranging for in Panorama 2020. 

This reply was deleted.