St. James Tripolians

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Thursday June 13th has been designated “Pan Night” for WeBeat13. The annual WeBeat festival in St. James, north Trinidad, was originally inspired by then-Tourism and Industrial Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago (TIDCO) while promoting the concept of a Renaissance District in St. James and visualizing in the initiative, opportunities for the tourism thrust TIDCO was working toward. Reflecting the multi-cultural aspects of Trinidad & Tobago was fundamental to the initiative. This year, WeBeat was initially cancelled essentially due to lack of funding then reinstated a couple days after news of the cancellation broke.

The 2013 edition of Pan Night is aptly called “Pan Explosion,” showcasing the steelpan, the country’s national instrument. Four of the country’s popular steel orchestras - Exodus, Starlift, St. James Tripolians and Harmonites will perform selections from their vast repertoires.
read more, get event schedule

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thursday night is "Pan Explosion" and Saturday night is the Street Parade which brings down the curtain on We Beat with old time Carnival Characters and several Steel Orchestras performing in front of the St James Amphitheater.  Gods willing I'll be There.

• Pan Night on Thursday 13th and The Street Parade on Saturday 15th are two different shows in the WeBeat St James Festival.

• Are you sure? I recall a pan show on the Thursday yes, but on the Saturday their is always the street revelry. Check the authenticity please. Anyone?

This reply was deleted.