When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

The bomb tunes of the 60s was one of the high points of the Steelband thus far, we have moved so far from that it's hard to visualize that there was such a period.

What have we done to the steelband in the name of progress.

Glenroy, odw, Val please take us back with some of the bomb tunes from this period on this snow filled Tuesday, lets show young people where the steelband went back in the day.

Views: 6315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one is for Cecil Hinkson, Jouvert Morning Bomb with Curepe Scherzando Playing "Besame Mucho" Keep the struggle going, Pan players and nay sayers will come and go but PAN will never DIE.

Earl Richards: Doh treat me so!!! When Cecil Hinkson talk about "NAYSAYERS" is ME he talking about. Now, Cecil is a SPECIAL PARDNER of mine on this forum, so I could stand some TEMPO from him. But I do not appreciate YOU and BUGS making frivolous attacks on my character and calling me a NAYSAYER when I am the MOST FORWARD THINKING POSTER on this FORUM.

earl, pan is a blessing from the Creator, it's up to the people to nurture it so it can reach it's full potential. I like this rack, although I don't think all players should be riding, players should be moving on the ground like the rest of the people, I think that makes a difference. [just my opinion] If you have more videos put them up.

Claude  I always treat your post's and opinion's with respect, Its Bugs and Merrytonestothebone you have to look out for. 

Ref...ref...low blow...low blow...lol...nice try Earl Richards...

City Symphony "Night and Day" arranged by Michigan

Merrytonestothebone, two tunes were learnt that year I'll Be A Fool For Rachmaninov and Uncle Albert by the Beatles in 1972. Uncle Albert was used as the bomb, however I'll Be A Fool For Rachmaninov (a medley) was played mostly in fetes and a bit on the road. I now call on the "MUSICAL POST MASTER"ODW to give us this one.lol

Actually...on the existing Starlift '72 recording on the web "I'll be a fool" starts and unfortunately cuts off abruptly...steups...ODW if you or anyone has the entire tune please share...

I will say now that I am happy that this topic began, and even happier to see so many comments that I have learned from. Now that my eyes are opened, I can say that 2018 onwards would be something you can look forward to....At least from the silver stars steel Orchestra. It's time for the level to rise once again to the prestige that was once there.

Blessings!

Marcus, young people like yourself have the task of bringing the Steelband as close as possible to how it was or making it better.

Another Invaders offering: A Spoonful of Sugar from Mary Poppins

Kenneth Williams, Invaders also played "DRINK" from the movie A Student Prince, I can't remember if they also played SERENADE from the same movie, but it was played.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service