I am in Trinidad and will donate a copy of my book to the first three WST (T&T members) with the correct answers. I will do same for (Overseas members later)   Anwser the (5) following questions.

(1) Phase II and Len "Boogsie" Sharpe have placed second                12 times at Panorama. Name the Steel Orchestra and arranger that is behind Phase II & Boogsie, and how many times each has.

(2) A Lord Kitchener tune have won Panorama on 18 occasions.  Name the two Calypsonians that are behind Mr. Roberts, but you must state how many each has.

(3) Name the Steel Orchestra that was 23 points behind at            semi-finals, but came back and won the Panorama finals.             Give the year also.

(4) Name the Steel Orchestra that has been to the panorama finals the most and state the years of their non-qualification.

(5) Name the first Steel Orchestra to amass 9 nine Panorama wins.

You can all try but only the correct from T&T will be given a copy of the book. Good Luck!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Ian

I want to inform you that we are having our First Steel Band Festival in Australia at Mary Ville, Victoria. Seven Bands are taking part including one band from New Zealand. The organizer is Rita Seethaher from Switzerland. She had visited Trinidad and played with Steel bands. This was also possible as we have now three pan tuners. Lennox Jordan, Trinidad pan Tuner, is one of the organizer helping ex- Trinidadians to make this possible. Many of the pan players was from the Trinidad Cavaliers. I would be thankful if you can spread the word. We are hoping to get some Angostura Rum for the Festival. I, myself, is getting Australian Pan Men who I have have taught the steel drums to take part in this festival.  Courtney "Scratcher Man" Leiba

• Hello Courtney,

What is the date of the Pan Festival and do you have any contacts with a travel agency for discount tickets, if one wants to be present at your pan function.

Thanks,

Ian

• I rang Lennox Jordan and I will also call Rita Seethaler to send you the information about if they have a travel Agency for  discount  air flights. Courtney "Scratcher Man" Leiba

• Ian I have two versions of your book the first I got from Clyde Babb as a gift, and the other I bought from your Brother-in - Law Sonny, the updated version. The book is very educational. I think that you must try getting them into schools, it will be a great help to the young Pannists to have an accurate account of Panorama History. Not too much pan-people can recall who is the first Steelband from South to run second in a Panorama.

• Thanks Val,

Please call me on my Majic Jack (954) 380-4590.

Ian

• Hi  Ian only persons  who have access to your publication can come up with the answers. The exercise is really for them to read through the publication , thus becoming more aware of the information in the publication.

Keep it going my friend.

• Thanks Chester. When are coming up the hill next.

Ian

• today

• Please call 316-9483.

Thanks,

IAN

• Hi Franklin,

We just spoke, I will contact you this weekend.

This reply was deleted.