Happy Birthday to Hueloy Yip Young - global promoter and supporter of all things Pan
When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings to Hueloy Yip Young..
Read more…When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings to Hueloy Yip Young..
Read more…“So many bonds are formed in the panyard between people of all ages. There’s a deep sense of love each person shares for the artform, and that love is carried on stage. Those 8-10 minutes mean everything to me. Panorama is an experience like no oth
Read more…WickenburgSun.com
Sunday, April 7, the Friends of Music conclude their 45th season with this final, free concert performed by The Desert Winds Steel Orchestra scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Wickenburg Community Center. The doors open at 1:30 p.m. and r
Read more…Duvone taught the students "Englishman in New York," which he has renamed to "Trini in Baltimore."
Read more…

“I just found out it is a quite fun and interesting instrument with a very unique sound... Not many Chinese people saw or knew this instrument before, actually. My family and friends are very supportive with this new instrument I introduced to them.
Read more…With a fruitful, 30-year career under its belt, the Cobre Steel Band has won a spot in the musical tastes of Cubans
author: Eduardo Palomares Calderón
SANTIAGO DE CUBA.– With a fruitful, 30-year career under its belt, the Cobre Steel Band has won
Read more…“I remember one year we had a performance in South on Mother’s Day and Len “Boogsie” Sharpe stopped the bus to buy flowers for every female player on the bus, whether or not you were a mother. It’s little things like those that go a long way within
Read more…Pan anthem for T&T Olympic medalling athletes
What are our thoughts surrounding T&T’s national anthem to be played ‘by a T&T steel orchestra’ at Olympic Games or other international games when T&T athletes are being medalled?
Read more…by Suzette Jackie
Sad news of the passing of a son of the soil and Icon of our national instrument Ossie George, who departed this life this morning at Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He was a very close friend of Len '' Boogsie'' Sharpe and the father of
Read more…“I would urge them to remain passionate and remember the reason they first wanted to play pan; childhood memories especially, I feel, affects this futuristic decision to move forward and be a pan player. Always strive for excellence and knowledge to
Read more…THE NEW TODAY understands that the current executive led by Jason Skeete has written to the Minister of Culture, Senator Nolan Cox warning him of reprisals if the government entertains another group that is made up of some pannists associated with th
Read more…“For me personally, I am most proud of throwing myself into learning a new Pan (cello) when I first began playing with PESO, and I am still currently playing it and loving it. When it comes to the Pan community, I am most proud of the continuous str
Read more…Lil Nas X’s ‘Old Town Road’ Was a Country Hit. Then Country Changed Its Mind
The viral phenomenon blew up so fast radio professionals had to rip it from YouTube to play it on the air, and the music industry is still scrambling to decide what, exact
Read more…“To the young female panists reading this who are dreaming of becoming involved with the steelpan as a career I say, “Yes, please do. There is room for you.” I think the only limitations on steelpan start with the individual holding the views. Don’t
Read more…“I am most proud about being the first female and youngest panist to win the Pan is Beautiful pan festival solo competition in 1992.”
“I am most saddened by the legacy of the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade which obscures our ability to remember our good
Read more…
Port of Spain, 19th March 2019: The Trinidad and Tobago Music Company Limited (MUSICTT) kicks off Phase III of its Live Music District (LMD) with the return of its free signature event that will take place on Saturday 30th March 2019 from 6:00 pm at
Read more…
“Don’t be afraid to do what you love. There will always be the percentage that has something negative to say about what you do, but once focus on yourself, focus on positivity and find ways to better yourself and others you will truly enjoy life/the
Read more…Hundreds flocked to John Marshall High School last weekend in support of a local teacher afflicted with breast cancer, raising nearly $2,100 at the Steel Band Fest.
Band Director Tracey Filben said the turnout was “fantastic” for the event, which oc
Read more…