Pan Times's Discussions (7650)

Sort by

Music to the ears

BLinkmusic%20of%20Uzbeskistan1

Kiran Mehta is a Mumbai-based journalist

Gather notes from every continent at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, Arizona

In the Lesser Antilles section, I feel like I’ve walked into a carnival with a jewel-encrusted outfit on display, complet

Read more…

Panorama Preview - UK

Reading All Steel Percussion Orchestra’s Panorama preview performance features international guest percussionist Dito D’Oxossi and Afoxé Ylê De Egbá from NE Brazil.

Panorama Preview
Broad Street East, Reading, Berkshire RG1
Thursday 23 August 2018 5

Read more…

Scholar explains his song “Pum Pum”

A 2018 calypso release from eight times Calypso Monarch, Findley “Scholar” Jeffrey in which he blamed Chairman of the Spicemas Corporation (SMC), Kirk Seetahal for the cancellation of Panorama 2017 is causing quite a stir on the island.

Scholar defen

Read more…

Steelpan vibes contagious - Barbados

Barbados Today

Barbados, W.I. -  Argentinian reggae artiste Fidel Nadal has fallen in love with the sweet sounds of the steel pan after his first visit to Barbados.

Nadal informed Bajan Vibes that he is considering including the piercing sound of th

Read more…