Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music
When Steel Talks takes a look at 50 Years of Panorama Music, Life & Culture.
Share here, your favorite and greatest Trinbago Panorama moments, the highs and lows, with the global steelpan community...
Mr Anthony William must be nominated for the Peace Prize in Physics for the invention of the Tenor pan in the cycle of fiths!
It's a sad day for "PAN" when the winners of the 1st "Panorama" was never acknowledge, members of Panam North Stars never even got a T-Shirt, and too make matters whorse, dedicating the 50th Anniversary toBertram "Bertie" Marshall, who "NEVER WON A PANORAMA, so what happened to the band who actually WON the panorama, and it's tuner and arranger Anthony Williams, DO THEY EXIST??? bad bad business PANTRINBAGO, shame on UUUU...
Does anyone have a recording of Colin Lucas - Trini Gone Wild (2005)?
JUST SOME FYI
(!) 21 different voices have vocalized the 53 winning panorama tunes
(2) 17 different arrangers works have won the panorama finals
(3) 12 different Steel Orchestras have won all 53 finals
(4) The Grand Master sang 18 of the 53 winning panorama pieces
(6) The closest to him is De Fosto with 6
(7) For 11 consecutive years, a Grand Master vocals was a winner
(8) 4 females have sung the winning panorama tune
(9) From 1963 through 1978 all the winning panorama songs were sung by The Grand Master and The Mighty Sparrow, except for the year 1965.